We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic professional to join our team as the Director of Theater Operations. The Director of Theater Operations will be responsible for providing strategic guidance and efficient operational management of all theater activities. You will oversee the daily activities of theater staff, manage the theater budget, and ensure the successful execution of productions. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with theater patrons, sponsors, and donor groups. You will be responsible for leading and driving the day-to-day operations of our theater, with a focus on customer service, safety, and profitability. You will have the opportunity to manage a diverse team of professionals, and your leadership skills, communication, and organizational abilities will be essential to the success of the theater. You will also be responsible for supporting our various programming Centers, making sure their events are successful and the meet the highest performance standards. You will oversee the scheduling of all spaces throughout 92NY including performance venues, classrooms, and other meeting venues in the building.
• Oversee and manage the operations of the theater, including the stagehands, crew, ushers, and tech team.
• Coordinate and direct the backstage operations such as lighting, sound, sets, and props.
• Ensure that all theater operations are performed to the highest standards of safety and quality.
• Maintain policies and procedures for theater operations.
• Develop and maintain budgets for the theater and track expenses accurately.
• Negotiate contracts for equipment rentals and other services needed.
• Supervise and train staff on the proper use of all equipment and tools.
• Create schedules for staff and coordinate the training of new employees.
• Oversee the maintenance of all equipment and supplies in the theater.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that may arise during a performance.
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the theater’s patrons and staff.
• Work with the theater’s producers and directors to ensure all technical requirements are met.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of the theater’s staff to ensure the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction
• Ensure that all safety and security procedures are followed.
• Negotiate contracts with vendors and suppliers.
• Coordinate events, performances, and special programs.
• Manage room scheduling software and oversee scheduling of all spaces throughout 92NY.
• Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Bachelor's Degree in Arts/Theater Management, Business, or related field.
Experience. Skills and Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience in theater operations and/or management.
• Knowledge of theater operations, including box office, concessions, ticketing, and marketing.
• Proven leadership, communication, and management skills.
• Ability to develop and implement strategies to maximize theater operations.
• Ability to anticipate and address customer needs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge of budgeting and financial management.
• Ability to motivate and lead a team.
• High level of professionalism and customer relations orientation.
Interested applicants should forward a resume and cover letter with salary requirements using the following link:
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are only able to contact those applicants whose experience most aligns with the position profile.
$115,000 - $125,000
The actual compensation offered will be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to the qualifications of the applicant, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.