After three long years, TCG is thrilled to be back in-person in Pittsburgh, our home for our first ever hybrid National Conference. As part of our continuing commitment to creating a just and thriving theatre ecology for all, and in recognition that the volatility of our times has had drastic impacts on our collective mental and physical health and safety, we’re pleased to share the accessibility and wellness components TCG is implementing for those of you who will be joining us in the Steel City. Below, please find information regarding our WellSpace, Lactation Space, COVID Protocols, Accessibility, Anti-Harassment Policy, and All-Gender Restrooms.
TCG’s WellSpace is a scent-free, low-sound space for attendees, staff, speakers, and volunteers so that we can rest, restore, and reemerge as our best selves. We ask that your time in this space be kept in silence, and that all devices are likewise kept in silent mode. There will be an assortment of items available for your comfort including yoga mats, extra comfy seating options, playlists, coloring books, pens, pencils, and so much more. We ask that you please respect the space and items, so that other attendees may continue to enjoy them. For more information, please visit the event app once you are registered and invited to it.
To support our new parents and, of course, the next generation of theatre lovers and makers, a Lactation Space will be available for exclusive use by those who are breastfeeding and/or pumping. It will include a locked room, power outlet, and fridge access for milk storage, plus a comfortable chair and basic needs such as towels, tissues, etc. Sign up to use this space at the Registration & Help Desk throughout the Conference. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required for all attendees, speakers, staff, and volunteers on-site at the Conference. Additionally, everyone is required to wear a mask at all times while attending any indoor activities as part of the Conference. Exceptions will be made during meal and coffee breaks, for ASL interpreters, and for Plenary Speakers who have tested negative via an antigen test the day of their session. While some masks will be provided on-site, we encourage you to bring your own supply of N95 or KN95 masks.
We encourage the use of home antigen tests before traveling and while on site. Should you test positive and need to quarantine at the hotel while with us for the Conference, please be prepared to cover any additional charges. The hotel will likely be able to extend the TCG group rate for an extended stay due to a COVID-related quarantine.
Please know that your registration is flexible and fully refundable, however we ask that you let us know if you need to cancel no later than Thursday, June 9th. Attendees who no-show without notice will not be eligible for any refunds. If you are no longer able to attend the Conference, or would like to adjust your registration, please notify us at email@example.com.
For full details of our Covid-19 Protocols, please visit our Covid-19 Policies page.
The Westin provides a range of accessible hotel features, both in-room and in their public spaces which include, but are not limited to:
- Accessible Vanities and Hand-Held Shower Wand
- Bathtub Grab Rails and Seats
- Hearing Accessible Rooms and/or Kits
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Accessible on-site parking
- Valet parking for vehicles outfitted for drivers in wheelchairs
- Van Accessible on-site parking
- Accessible Entrances to On-Site Pool, Business Center, Fitness Center, and Spa
We encourage Conference attendees who require an accessible hotel room to book by calling the Westin Pittsburgh directly at 1-412-281-3700 (rather than booking through the online system) to ensure a room that meets your needs is available. Please remember to mention TCG in order to access our discounted rate. Please let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with the hotel meeting your accessibility needs.
A more detailed list of The Westin’s accessible features, along with information regarding accessible transportation and parking throughout the city is available on our National Conference website.
- Accessibility for Virtual and Hybrid Sessions
Accessibility Onsite in Pittsburgh
- LIVE captioning available virtual and hybrid Plenary sessions
- AI Captioning available at virtual and hybrid breakfasts session
- ASL providers on an as-needed basis
- Post-conference recordings will be made available to Conference registrants, and we will record ASL and captioning when possible.
- For more information on what to expect for access at the hotel, please visit our Conference website.
How to Identify Staff & Volunteers?
- Anne Mulgrave (she/her) is our Access Coordinator leading Accessibility needs at our Registration & Help Desk. She will be your point of contact for any and all access related needs during the Conference.
- If you have indicated that you require accessibility accommodations at the conference, Anne Mulgrave will be in contact with you in the coming days to find out how best to support you.
- Onsite ASL will be made available as needed.
- The Hotel is located at 1000 Penn. Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
- ALL staff and volunteers will be wearing BRIGHT ORANGE lanyards.
For attendees who require closed captioning and/or ALS interpretation, please contact Anne Ciarlone.
If you experience harassment or misconduct while with us at the Conference, please reach out to the TCG Community Team by calling or texting (412) 376-5186. This number will be printed on the back of your badge for immediate reference along with a QR code that leads to a form to anonymously report harassment. A trained TCG staff member on the Community Team will speak with you privately to take your report and will take appropriate actions as swiftly as possible. Actions, upon receiving a report, can include (but are not limited to):
- facilitating a dialogue with the parties;
- offering a non-attributed warning about the problematic behavior;
- requiring the perpetrator to leave the Conference at their expense;
- allowing the perpetrator to remain at the Conference on a “no contact” condition with the reporter;
- limiting access to TCG supported events in the future;
- and, if necessary, alerting law enforcement of criminal behavior
More information will be made available about our commitments to fostering safety for all our attendees, as will a detailed anti-harassment policy, on our Conference app. There will also be a form link where anonymous reports can be submitted.
All Gender Restrooms
Finally, in continuing our commitment to inclusive Conference practices, TCG and the Westin will be designating four restrooms as All Gender Restrooms, in addition to binary restrooms. These will be conveniently located throughout the main conference area and clearly marked on Conference maps. To learn more about All Gender Restrooms and their role in equity and anti-oppression work, we invite you to check out the resources available in All Gender Restrooms Community and join the discussions. The conference app includes a map so you can learn exactly where to find the restroom you need.
To explore more of the National Conference’s offerings, including programming highlights and registration discounts, please visit our 2022 National Conference website. We can’t wait to enter into our seventh decade of serving the theatre field this June with all of you!